Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Innumerable Chances

I am enjoying a new day.

In fact, I have had so many fresh starts and second chances it isn't fair to those who only have a few.

So I do my best to use my second, third and more chances to the best of my abilities.

But then the inevitable happens and I find myself needing another chance in a situation that somehow does not seem to find resolution in this particular age, economy and connectedness.

I find it ironic that today with the wealth of beauty, opportunity and connectivity that more people seem to be suffering from chronic sadness, poverty and loneliness. If you are suffering so, my prayer for you is that this is only a dark season incubating a wonderful blessing just around the corner.

I believe as long as we have a sound mind and open heart, God can do amazing miracles in the deep recesses of our souls if we let Him.

Each day is a new canvas upon which to paint more of God's beautiful story in my life.

What will I do with my innumerable chances today? How can I use my mind to store and process the truth I see going on around me? How will I manage my emotions among a bevy of reasons to get down? How can I use my material blessings to bless another spiritually?

Can a new car substitute for a phone call to a loved one?

Can a new dress substitute for sitting across a good friend having coffee?

Can the focus on an ambition absolve me from acting kindly towards the needy that surround me almost every day?

A phone call, a cup of coffee, and hand-me-up...the immeasurable joy that can come from each of these cannot be understated!

Here's to your phone call today, a cup of coffee with a friend - possibly over the phone - and an opportunity to bless someone along the side of the road of life with encouraging smiles, words or material blessings that their day might end on a more hopeful note!

Who knows, the weightiness you - we all feel at times will slowly lift...and who couldn't call that miraculous?

A reason to be down has been turned upside down by focusing on the Father of Lights and all the Light He has shone upon us this beautiful new day by reaching out in faith, not judging who will receive my love.

Thanks for stopping by Coffee At My Table!

No comments: