Saturday, March 21, 2015

Friends love at all times

I get the daily quote from simpletruths.com every morning. This morning's quote spoke to me:

“A friend is someone who understands
your past, believes in your future,
and accepts you just the way you are.

~  Anonymous

I have lived long enough to understand that there are people who don't understand my past, who don't believe in my future and who don't accept me as I am.

It's okay.

There are plenty who do. I'll bet there are those for you as well.

However, they are true who are true online as well as in person. It's time to move on when others are moving away from us or when we are moving away from them. We can still be respectful, but the end of friendships in their present form is a must to move forward in life.

The true friend follows us in and out of life no matter the circumstance.

I went through a dry spell with my friends many years ago. It was just the stage and circumstance of my life. But today I am grateful beyond belief for having gone through that time of testing. It tempered me. It showed me my true and valued friends. I am better for having been through that desert. It's made me a better friend and more appreciative of the brevity of life and the need to focus on what's important.

In counting my blessings through my present friendships, I came up with too many to mention, but here are a few friendship experiences that have built me up recently.

A recent conversation this week with my sister Andreia merely inquiring about a project John and I are working on meant the world to me.

A phone call from my newest friend Linda just checking in started my day out correctly!

A visit from my cousin Stephanie and my Aunt Lucia was all the therapy I needed for a trial I was working through.

A car ride from Houston to Oklahoma City with some of our best friends Lisa and Jason was filled with laughter and good memories for years to come.

A workout with my sister-in-law Mary Louise on a recent visit to Florida bonded us more.

An impromptu visit with one of my best friends Charla on that same recent Florida trip allowed me to meet the parents of a friend I've had for a quarter century and now know where she first learned how to laugh and learn to do life!

A recent conversation with my best friend Kathy from junior high reminded me I can pick up the phone and be where I always am with her, loved and able to love unconditionally!

There are so many more I could mention. I am rich with friends.

My friends ARE my Facebook. One day I may get back on the social media site. But for today, this works for me. And I want to say thanks for the many real friends I have and look forward to the many that are to come!

Be blessed friends and know you are a blessing to me!

No comments: