Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Source of All Goodness

If pictures & videos don't come up in your email, click here: Coffee At My Table

I woke up with goodness flourishing in my soul, wanting to share this gift that has made me so wealthy.

Today is a beautiful day. The sun is up as usual despite being hidden behind the clouds. It has not missed a beat. It is good to be on planet earth. The Creator opens each morning with goodness, a chance to renew what yesterday couldn't complete. In each baby step we step closer to the day we meet our Creator, and reaffirm goodness with every thought and action we have.

Image result for sunrise

There is goodness all around. I know the Biblical story and its weightiness and have seen too many sadnesses and injustices to count, but His plan is still working. His story continues to be played out. How can I not rejoice in that? This same Book lifts my load. Without it my spirit dries up. It refreshes like a clear spring, cleanses and redirects my path, pointing me towards Goodness.

When life does not go my way, even in the least little thing, there is still goodness out there. I can still offer genuine love and humor in all I do. I can make life easier for someone else in some little way. That alone makes my day. I am rich beyond belief when I get to share a piece of my day with others and hear about their day. Though I cannot solve another's problem entirely, I can lift their load, if even for a moment. Now that's wealth worth spreading.

I have a choice. I can let the unjust bring me down, or I can go to the source of all goodness and return goodness for disappointment. It's so freeing to give God's goodness to another in the name of Jesus, even if He is not recognized. He recognizes my efforts, which is why I seek to see that in others.

I also can list my blessings, recent goodnesses and see how others are giving their best to me in the smallest of details. I have a wonderful husband whom I can speak to about anything. I don't know the fear of saying the wrong thing to my husband. I have said the wrong thing to John and he has always honored me with an ear and correct judgment. It encourages me to grow more in goodness and the love that swallows up fear. Is he perfect? No. But he is perfect for me. He has a huge reserve of goodness for me!

Image result for goodness

I have friends of all ages whom I love hearing from, whether they are being pressed or being blessed. In turn, they are so kind to hear me out with the positives and the challenges of my life. They give me a cup of goodness in every communication. How can one not be counted as wealthy?

How rich is one who is not under the pressure to perform for their esteem and value. We are loved just because we draw breath. How I love giving this kind of love to others. I wish there were more of me, which is why I write. It's a way to give more of me without being there in person.

Caveat-I know there are more like me, and I always get happy when I meet others seeking to make anothers life better in their own little way. And truth be known, everyone has the seed of goodness in them. Someone either didn't help them cultivate it, or they are denying their own path to goodness for their own reasons. This is why I pray, that they be released from whatever ails their soul from offering goodness, as I know others have prayed for me when I too have felt tempted to not be or do good.

I pray you know how loved you are. There is One God who is Love, perfect, perfectly capable of judging the world and others where I cannot. I am free to simply love and offer the best work I can. And when I fail, or see where I could have done better, I have a place to go. How can one not be moved at such great Love from Above. He is the source of all goodness and fills me when my cup is low.

Humor is God smiling on my soul, and to give a cup of good humor, is to give a cup of goodness.

Who can I bless today with the goodness I have been given? I pray you have been blessed with this little journey down goodness lane. Have a terrific day and when life doesn't go your way, step outside, look at God's handiwork. His fingerprint is everywhere in nature, and among any person who is doing the right thing, whether they recognize their Creator or not. I am the beneficiary of goodness, even in the most severe of my trials. How good it is to have a computer, be able to write good things and press "Send" so others can be good and blessed!

Image result for goodness

This post is dedicated to all of my employers, past and present. They have given me good work, even if for a season. I have learned so much in each work situation. I am a better person today because of the lessons I have learned under your tutelage. Today I am blessed with two good work situations that not only pay me back monetarily, but also in so many other little ways.

No comments: