Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nature that Nurtures the Soul

I am nearly finished with Philip Yancey's book "Soul Survivor," and constantly feel he has taken a walk through my mind, asking the same questions and looking for them using the same methods I use. And yet, Mr. Yancey continues to challenge me practically, stretch me mentally and provide a safe place for my emotions as I continue learning how to express encouragement to others.

I so enjoy reading one who appreciates nature as John and I do and weaves it into real life, uses it to train his psychological acuity and expresses his gratitude for the material world.


 
Want to take a free vacation?
 
Take a walk or go for a bike ride. 
 




Want to meditate on God when the Bible does not make sense?

Look at the skies.






 
 
Want to show friendship when there are no humans to be found?
 
Love on a pet.




G.K. Chesterton stated in his book Orthodoxy that "Nature is not our mother, Nature is our sister."

To walk with Bible in hand staring only at it's printed words while under God's cathedral of Creation misses the stage on which God's play is playing out.



He gave us bodies to use, care for and nurture in order to help teach others how to do it better.




He gave us a mind to use, educate and churn out ideas in order to help those created in His image know more about God and His purposes.

 


He gave us emotions to use, harness their energy and focus on expressing truth to serve humanity.

 


We may seek a normal and placid existence, but the truth is, this state is only best and realistically lived out in our soul. I believe this is true inner peace.


The design also includes the ability to redeem one's body through exercise and proper nutrition, through education and artistic expression & productive innovation of any kind.

Annie Dillard said, "Beauty and grace are performed whether or not we will sense them. The least we can do is try to be there...so that creation need not play on an empty house."

 
I believe that Creator wants us to enjoy his gift, find solutions to better our lives and share them with others.

Or God would not have made nature to compliment us.

No comments: